THE PROPOSED SCHEME BENEFITS
This is an exact listing of "Scheme Benefits" taken from UK Coal's Consultation Leaflet, numbered for ease of reference. We address each of these "benefits" in the pages that follow. You are invited to make comment and take part in our consultation at any time.
1. The supply of coking coal for use in local markets.
2. A major new wodland totalling 19.26 hectares in area.
3. Grasslands in SNCI extended by 4.7 hectrates on restoration.
4. Full protection of Brooms Pond newt habitat, and more ponds on restoration.
5. 1.4 hectare area of acidic grassland to be established.
6. 1.25 hectares of scrub planting.
7. Footpaths reinstated and 1.2 km of new footpaths created to increase public access.
8. Over 3 km of new hedgerows to be establsihed.
9. A Community Fund to be managed by the Liaison Committee, capable of delivering major benefits to local communities.
Please resist the temptation to enter this debate with sweeping general statements! Any comments on this page should be around the principle of the on-line debate itself i.e does it make sense to consult in this way? Could we do it better? Save your specific comments for the specific "benefits" that follow this page.
Created on 05/06/2007 07:01 PM by dshields
Updated on 02/07/2007 02:12 PM by dshields